Your cart is currently empty!
LED Parking Lot Lights
Parking Lot Solar Lights | Shoebox Solar Lights
Parking Lot Poles
250 Watt Equivalent LED Parking Lot Lights
400 Watt Equivalent LED Parking Lot Lights
1000 Watt Equivalent LED Parking Lot Lights
LED Shoebox Retrofit Kits | Parking Lot LED Retrofit Kits
Metal Halide Equivalent
Metal Halide Equivalent
Showing 31–31 of 31 results
What are LED Parking Lot Lights?
LED Parking Lot lights are pole-mounted LED fixtures designed to light up parking lots and other large outdoor areas. They are also a common fixture used to light up outdoor tennis courts, basketball courts, and pickleball courts. Power ranges from 100 Watts to 500 Watts, and they are available in 3000K, 4000K, and 5000K color temperatures. Standard voltage (100-277V) and High Voltage (277-480V) are available.
LED Parking Lot lights are control-ready. Most can be equipped with photocells for dust-to-dawn operation. Some can be equipped with motion sensors so the lights can dim when no activity is in the area.
How to Choose the Right LED Parking Lot Light
The following factors can impact the right fixture for your needs:
- Light Level Required. How bright do you want it to be? What is your desired light output?
- Mounting Height. This can range from 10 to 50 feet in height.
- Mount Type. Slip fitter or pole mount.
- Voltage Required. 100-277V or 277-480V.
- Fixture Color. We stock traditional bronze and white.
- Is a Photocell or Motion Sensor Required? This can impact availability and cost.
- Commercial Grade. High-Performance Quality Commercial Lighting
- Cost Preference. There is a cost scale based on performance, quality, and warranty – Good, Better, and Best.
- How quickly is it needed? We have many in-stock options.
- Color Temperature. Choose between 4000K and 5000K
(completed parking lot lighting project at a shopping center)
Benefits of LED Parking Lot Lights
There are many. Here are a few based on our 10+ years of experience.
- Energy savings: LED Lights are energy efficient and you should expect upwards of 50% reduced costs over traditional outdoor lighting fixtures.
- Less maintenance: HID (Metal Halide) bulbs need replacing at around 15,000 hours. At 1/2 life, they have lost 1/2 of their lumens. So for those who need bright light (sports fields), you may be replacing bulbs sooner than you think.
- Instant On – Instant Off. No long start-up/strike times with LED.
- Works well with motion sensors and photocells. Because they can turn on and off quickly, they work well with these energy savings controls.
- Dimming: Some LEDs (not all) can dim. In parking lot lights, this means you can lower the light levels when the lot is empty. Works perfectly with dimming motion sensors.
- Light pollution: Control using back shields and optics designed to send all the light down and not into the sky.
- High-Quality lighting: High CRI and long life produce better lighting results.
LED Lumens to Replace Metal Halide Parking Lot Lights
Here are some replacement guidelines to follow:
- 250-Watt HID / Metal Halide: 9,000 – 12,000 LED lumens
- 400-Watt HID / Metal Halide: 15,000 – 25,000 LED lumens
- 1000-Watt HID / Metal Halide: 35,000 – 50,000 LED lumens
- 1500-Watt + HID / Metal Halide: 50,000 – 90,000 LED lumens
Choosing the Best Optics for Light Distribution
There are five basic types of optics, designated Type 1 to Type 5. These are common in both LED Roadway Lighting and LED Area Lights. By far the two most common that we offer and stock are:
- Type 3: This distribution is designed for the parking spaces and general roadway areas. They are higher than Type 2 but not as wide. It’s the perfect choice for lighting on the edges of the parking lot area.
- Type 5: This distribution is circular. It generates the same amount of light in all directions. It works great for spaces that need a lot of balanced lighting. It’s ideal for poles mounted in the center of parking lots.
LED Retrofits for Outdoor Parking Lot Lights
We can supply both new fixtures as well as retrofit kits designed for parking lot lights. If the fixtures are in good shape, a retrofit can be a great option. The kits contain everything you need to replace the internal lighting components.
Retrofitting is about as challenging to an electrician as an HID bulb and ballast replacement. Instead of replacing the old bulbs and ballasts with new ones, he is substituting in our retrofit kits.
How to Install Outdoor LED Lights
There is no difference between installing LED lights and Metal-Halide / HPS lights. Any qualified electrician can work on the installation. They will need access to a boom truck or lift. They go through the process of removing and replacing the lights. Because of the heights involved, it is best to use a qualified electrician for this process.
Best LED Lights for Outdoor Parking Lots
There is no one perfect light for all applications and situations. That said, there is a reliable process you can count on to identify illumination solutions ideal for your needs. It helps you determine what fixture is your best option.
There are too many parking lot lighting solutions to choose from. Power, lumens, optics, and shields. It makes it difficult for any true lighting professional to claim they have the best light. Even among fixtures, it’s surprising how two similar lights behave in a lighting plan.
The secret to success is to start with a lighting plan. The plan helps determine what the best LED light is. Here are the steps:
- Start with determining how much outdoor lighting you need. That’s a light measurement of lux, lumens per square foot, or our preferred measurement, foot candles.
- Have us create a lighting plan (we do these for free). Provide us with a map location or scaled drawing. State where the poles are or tell us to suggest pole locations for your parking area lights.
We’ll try different fixtures and provide you with options. The plan will show you light levels, light balance, light distribution, and the number of fixtures used. It will also tell you what fixture we used. Light balance is important, as you are always trying to avoid shadows within the lighted zone.
This is the best formula for success. We can help you find the best LED lighting solution for your needs.
Contact us for a free lighting plan or to discuss your LED lighting goals.
Solar Powered Parking Lot Lights
Solar parking lot lights have come a long way, and while they are more expensive than parking lot lights that are wired into the electrical service, they are optimal in scenarios where the wiring infrastructure is not in place. Solar-powered parking lot lights are powerful lights (up to 20000 lumens from a 100-watt fixture at 200 lumens per watt). They can provide light for up to 4 days in smart mode and rely on motion sensors to dim the lighting when no one is around.
Replacing Metal Halides with Solar Powered Parking Lot Lights
Replacing 400-Watt Metal Halides / HID Lights is no problem, you can choose an 80-Watt Solar Powered Light producing 16000 lumens or a 100-Watt Solar Powered Light producing 20000 lumens.
To replace 1000-Watt Metal Halides, we would recommend (2) of the 100-Watt Solar Powered Lights for a combined total of 40,000 lumens.
How Much Do Your Parking Lot Lights Cost?
It depends on a lot of factors/features that meet your requirements. There is a cost scale based on performance, quality, and warranty – Good, Better, and Best.
It’s best to qualify your requirements with us and we will identify the cost options. We show pricing on all our lights above, and we do offer contractor / large quantity discounts.
Do You Sell Light Poles for Parking Lot Fixtures?
We do sell light poles for parking lots. Our poles can accommodate 1 to 4 LED street lights and LED shoebox lights (depending on the pole type and EPA rating for your area). We can ship our poles to most locations in the lower 48 states.
LEDLighting Supply is your choice for LED Parking Lot Lights
We have been in business since 2008 and are experts in LED Lighting for outdoor applications.
- commercial parking lot lighting companies
- parking lot lighting manufacturers