Your cart is currently empty!
Metal Halide Equivalent
Metal Halide Equivalent
Showing all 6 results
- 50 Watt Solar Parking Lot Light | 5000 Lumens | 5000K
- 40 Watt Solar Area Light | 8000 Lumens | 4000K | High Performance | 3 Year Warranty
- 60 Watt Solar Area Light | 12000 Lumens | 4000K | High Performance | 3 Year Warranty
- 40 Watt Solar Parking Lot Light | 8000 Lumens | 4000K | High Performance
- 60 Watt Solar Parking Lot Light | 12000 Lumens | 4000K | High Performance
- 100 Watt Solar Parking Lot Light | 20000 Lumens | 4000K | High Performance
What are Solar Parking Lot Lights | Solar Shoebox Lights?Harness the power of the sun to illuminate outdoor spaces with solar-powered parking lot lights. These lights are easy to install and don’t require a connection to utility mains. They are easy to maintain and save you money on energy costs. This is especially true when paired with LED light fixtures which are long-lasting and energy efficient.
How Do Solar-Powered Parking Lot Lights Work?Rather than drawing power from the electrical grid, led solar parking lot lights capture their energy from the sun. This energy is captured by Photovoltaic (PV) panels that are mounted on the light’s structure. During the day while there is sunlight present, electrons are drawn from the photons that strike the PV panels and they are then routed to DC power and stored in a rechargeable battery. After the sun has gone down, sensors in the light fixture direct the flow of energy from the battery to the light source and it is automatically turned on. Conversely, when the sun rises, the light automatically turns off and the battery charging process resumes.
Advantages of Solar Parking Lot LightsSolar lighting for parking lots has many advantages over conventional parking lot lighting:
- There is no energy drawn from standard electrical utilities which saves money on utility bills.
- Because you are using solar parking lights, there is no need to dig trenches for electrical wiring during installation. This is another cost savings due to vastly reduced installation costs.
- Parking lot solar lights are essentially off the grid. This makes them especially ideal for areas physically located away from utility mains.
- Solar parking lot lighting requires less maintenance than conventional lights.
Disadvantages of Solar Parking Lot LightsEven though there are many advantages to having solar parking lot lights, there are some drawbacks that you should consider before buying:
- They can involve a higher initial investment cost compared to standard lighting.
- Because they are not wired, they are easier to steal.
- PV panels sometimes need to be cleaned if dust moisture and snow accumulate on them. This accumulation can lead to decreased or stopped energy production.
- During the light’s lifespan, its rechargeable batteries will need to be replaced a few times. This must be accounted for and included in expected maintenance costs.
Cost of Solar Parking Lot Lights | Solar Shoebox LightsThe cost of parking lot solar lighting will depend on the size of the parking lot. On average, this will be in the range of $3,000 to $5,000. This includes light pole installation and light fixture cost (if you use LED lights, which is recommended). Larger parking lots will likely require a higher upfront cost.
Solar Parking Lot Lights InvestmentAre they worth the investment? Yes, they are, depending on your situation. It will be a higher upfront investment compared to standard lighting due to the solar components but savings on energy and maintenance costs will more than offset this over a short period.
Solar Powered Parking Lot Lights ReliabilityYes. They require very little maintenance, especially if you use LED fixtures with them. This combination works so well because LED is the most energy-efficient, long-lasting, and durable light that you can use and it draws less energy from the battery, making it last longer.
Solar Parking Lot Lights | Solar Shoebox Lights BrightnessThis will depend on the type of light that you use. LED is best because of its superior light quality. Commercial solar lighting for parking lots will have a higher light output than for residential applications. Here are a few tips to properly illuminate your parking lot with commercial solar LED parking lot lights:
- LED lights are a better choice than fluorescent or HID. This is because they use directional lighting without the need for reflectors. This prevents light pollution by focusing light only where it is needed.
- It is recommended that you have 5-foot candles of illumination evenly distributed throughout the space.
- The lumen output for lighting a 15-20 feet space should be around 16000-20000.
- The lumen output for lighting a 20-30 feet space should be around 40000.