Your cart is currently empty!
Get Your Free High Bay Lighting Plan
The first question when working on a project is often: How Many LED High Bay Lights Do I Need? A high bay lighting layout is the ideal first step to ensure your facility’s LED lighting gives the desired foot candle level and bright light.
What Is Included With A Lighting Plan?
- Custom lighting layout with count & placement
- Foot candle and light balance calculations
- Light fixture recommendation and quote
- Dedicated lighting specialist to assist with your project
How long does it take to get a plan?
CBRE needed high quality lighting for their customer, with stock available for ongoing projects.
What is the Ideal High Bay Lighting Layout?
The ideal layout provides all the information you need to make a decision. A lighting plan shows the types of LED light fixtures used, light levels needed, balanced lighting across the space, and fixture location. Plans take the guesswork out of lighting and reduce, if not cut, bad lighting results.
How Do You Calculate the Ideal High Bay Lighting Space?
High bay light spacing can vary depending on height. At 20 feet high you can go to 15 feet spacing for bright light and normal light a spacing of 18 feet. At 30 feet high, the recommendation is 20 feet spacing between the lights for brighter light and 25 feet for normal light.
An LED high bay lighting layout calculator will not provide you with spacing, a lighting plan will. The most important thing to determine at the start is how bright you want the space to be. After we get the specifications of your space (length, width, and height), we can start designing your lighting plan. From this plan, you can see the calculated fixture spacing and light levels achieved.
How Many LED High Bay Lights Do I Need?
Both calculators and lighting plans can give you the answer to this question. Even so, creating a lighting plan will give you the most accurate calculations. It’s worth remembering that the quantity and intensity of warehouse lighting you will need will differ from how many LED shop lights you need. The same goes for any other project type and it always depends based on the particular application.
What’s the Difference Between a High Bay Lighting Calculator and a High Bay Lighting Plan?
Use a calculator if:
- You are looking for a free, online tool to quickly calculate the number of fixtures you need
- You want quick, simple, and immediate results
- You are looking for a count of fixtures based on a specific budget
- You need a rough estimate on quantity and layout/configuration does not matter
- There is no need to include specific light balance and shadows in your documentation
Use a lighting plan if:
- You would like a professional lighting engineer to review your requirements
- You need a calculated lighting plan that shows foot candle readings
- You need to see how balanced the light levels are, and you want to reduce shadows
- You want to show aiming angles and light positions in scale with your indoor or outdoor area
- You’re looking for professional assurance that the lights you purchase will be the right choice
What is a LED High Bay Lighting Calculator?
An LED high bay spacing calculator, also known as a simple lighting count calculator, allows you to estimate the number of fixtures you will need to properly light a space.
The lighting plan will provide you with the number of fixtures. It will also give a visual detail of where the lights should be installed. Location, brightness on the floor or work plane, and balanced lighting will also be shown.
A lighting calculator provides rough estimates whereas a lighting plan provides a detailed report and calculations of light locations, light levels, and light balance.
When Do You Need to Consider Lighting Design for Purchasing High Bay LED Lights?
This is an invaluable tool for those who are thinking about updating or adding light fixtures to a new facility. This service takes the guesswork out of determining what to use. We provide this free for commercial and industrial end users, electricians, Escos, and lighting contractors who are considering purchasing our LED Lighting.
We have provided 1000s of free plans. Lighting plans remove risk and are the number one method to achieving the desired foot candle level and achieve normal lighting.
Your Knowledgeable LED Lighting and Poles Supplier with 100,000+ Products in Stock