Your cart is currently empty!
Get Your Free Shipyard Lighting Plan
What Is Included With A Lighting Plan?
- Custom lighting layout with count & placement
- Foot candle and light balance calculations
- Light fixture recommendation and quote
- Dedicated lighting specialist to assist with your project
How long does it take to get a plan?
CBRE needed high quality lighting for their customer, with stock available for ongoing projects.
What is Lighting Design for a Shipyard or Container Port?
Lighting Design for a Shipyard or Container Port involves the placement of LED lighting fixtures in these industrial, hazardous environments. Shipyards and container ports require efficient and reliable lighting solutions to ensure safety, security, and productivity.
The lighting design process includes the selection of appropriate lighting fixtures. It then calculates optimal lighting levels ensuring the foot candle requirements are met as well as the lighting provides a balanced outcome.
What are the Key Considerations for Lighting Design in Shipyards and Container Ports?
Safety: Lighting plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety of personnel working in shipyards and container ports. Adequate illumination is necessary to minimize the risk of accidents, facilitate navigation, and provide clear visibility for workers.
Security: Proper lighting enhances security measures by deterring unauthorized access and enabling surveillance systems to function effectively. Illuminating critical areas such as entry points, storage yards, and restricted zones helps maintain a secure environment.
Functionality: Different areas within a shipyard or container port have specific requirements. The lighting design should cater to various operational zones such as loading and unloading areas, maintenance zones, storage yards, walkways, and access routes.
Energy Efficiency: Considering the vast size of shipyards and container ports, energy-efficient lighting solutions are essential to minimize power consumption and operational costs. LED lighting technology, with its long lifespan and low energy consumption, is a popular choice.
Environmental Factors: Shipyards and container ports are exposed to challenging environmental conditions, including saltwater exposure, vibrations, and extreme temperatures. Lighting fixtures should be durable, corrosion-resistant, and capable of withstanding these harsh conditions.
What are the Typical Lighting Standards for Shipyards and Container Ports?
Lighting standards for shipyards and container ports may vary depending on local regulations and specific requirements. However, some general guidelines can be considered:
Illumination levels should be sufficient to ensure safe operations, typically ranging from 20 to 50 foot candles, depending on the area.
Key areas such as berthing docks, loading/unloading zones, and walkways should have higher illumination levels for enhanced safety and productivity.
How is Lighting Design Calculated for Shipyards and Container Ports?
Professional lighting design software, such as AGI32, can be used to model the shipyard or container port environment and determine the ideal lighting design. The software helps analyze the placement of fixtures, calculate lighting levels, and ensure uniform illumination throughout the area. By considering factors like mounting heights, fixture types, and light distribution, the software assists in creating an efficient lighting plan.
Can We Replace Our Existing Lighting with LED?
Yes and it is typically a one for one light swap out. We can verify the light to use by creating this lighting plan for you, and it will show you how bright and balanced the lighting can be.
What are the Benefits of LED Lighting in Shipyards and Container Ports?
LED lighting offers several advantages in shipyard and container port environments:
- Energy Efficiency: LED lights consume significantly less energy than traditional lighting sources, leading to reduced energy costs and lower environmental impact.
- Longevity: LEDs have a longer lifespan compared to conventional lighting options, resulting in reduced maintenance requirements and increased operational efficiency.
- Durability: LED fixtures are resistant to vibrations, shocks, and extreme weather conditions, making them highly suitable for shipyards and container ports.
- Instant On/Off: LED lights provide instant illumination, eliminating the warm-up time associated with traditional lighting technologies.
- Enhanced Visibility: LEDs offer high-quality, clear illumination, improving visibility and safety for workers, equipment operators, and personnel navigating the shipyard or container port.
Your Knowledgeable LED Lighting and Poles Supplier with 100,000+ Products in Stock