Your cart is currently empty!
Get Your Free Commercial, Industrial or Sports Indoor LED Lighting Plan
A properly designed LED lighting layout will tell you exactly how many lumens and the number of fixtures are needed for the project. Particularly in a commercial space, the correct location and spacing of lights will determine the quality of illumination.
What Is Included With A Lighting Plan?
|Custom lighting layout with count & Placement
|Foot candle and light balance calculations
|Light fixture recommendation and quote
|Dedicated lighting specialist to assist with your project
How long does it take to get a plan?
CBRE needed high quality lighting for their customer, with stock available for ongoing projects.
Tracy Electric was seeking a reliable source for ongoing lighting projects.
Repeat lighting supplier for an electrical contractor working in manufacturing facilities.
What is a Lighting Layout Calculator?
A lighting layout calculator is a simple estimation tool that determines the number of lights you might need – provided that you know the size of your space, the foot-candle requirements, and the lumens developed by the fixture you would like to use.
How Accurate Will the Results Be if I Use a Light Layout Calculator?
The issue with simple light layout calculators is that they provide basic data: the number of fixtures you will need. They do not calculate or show where the lights should be located, the foot candle readings across the floor, or how balanced the lighting will be. This calculation does not take into account any optic that might be installed on the fixture, which will greatly affect the light balance.
So, the calculator should be used as a rough estimate tool, and not as a tool that you should make a final decision based on.
What is a LED Light Layout Calculator?
An Indoor LED Lighting Layout Calculator is a software tool that allows you to enter room dimensions, fixture count, and approximate foot candles you are hoping for and then calculate the number of fixtures you might need. It’s a starting point.
A better option is to create a lighting plan for the indoor space. The lighting plan will also provide you with the number of fixtures, but it will also visually detail where the lights should be installed or located, how bright the light will be on the floor or work plane, how many feet from the floor they are, and how well-balanced the light will be across the entire space.
When Does it Make Sense to Use an LED Lighting Layout Calculator?
- You are looking for a free, online tool to quickly calculate the number of fixtures you need.
- You want quick, basic, simple, and immediate results.
- You are looking for a count of fixtures based on a specific budget
- You need a rough estimate on quantity and layout/configuration does not matter
- There is no requirement to include specific light balance and shadows in your documentation
When Does it Make Sense to Use an LED Lighting Plan for an Indoor Space?
- You would like a professional lighting engineer to review your requirements
- You need a calculated lighting plan that shows foot candle readings
- You need to measure how balanced the light levels are, and you care about reducing shadows.
- You want to show aiming angles, and light positions in scale with your indoor or outdoor area
- You’re looking for assurances that the lights you purchase will be the right choice
What Lighting Layout Tool Do You Use to Create Indoor Lighting Plans?
We use industry-leading software by Lighting Analysts and have several lighting plan design engineers trained in using the software.
Your Knowledgeable LED Lighting and Poles Supplier with 100,000+ Products in Stock