Electrical contractors provide a vital service to any community. They are in high demand. However, the industry is extremely competitive. This means that marketing efforts to attract new customers can make or break your business. It is important that you stand out among your competitors. One of the primary ways that you can do this is through a well-designed and highly functional website.
Staying relevant in a digital world involves web design and content marketing expertise to increase website traffic and the ability to bring in new customers. Almost everyone learns about a local business online. It is typically the first point of contact for potential customers when they look for electrician services. If you do not adjust your marketing tactics to the shift to online shopping, you will certainly miss out on large market and revenue potential.
Your website needs to give customers a memorable experience so that they will stay on your site longer. This will then likely increase your sales volume. Your website also needs to remain relevant so that you can keep up with the competition.
An effective website design helps you to stand out among your competitors. It should not, however, come at the expense of functionality and user-friendliness.
Here are some tips and ideas for building and maintaining a great electrician website
It is critical that you design your website so that it is easy to use and responsive to potential customers. Navigating your website should be easy to do. If a potential customer struggles to find the information that they are looking for, they will likely go somewhere else. Here are some helpful tips:
- Include a Homepage, an About page, a Services page, and a Contact page.
- Use intuitive layouts that can verify the size of a user’s screen and automatically reorganize your site so that it is easy to use. This is especially important for mobile devices.
- Use brief, succinct paragraphs, minimal color, and straightforward logos.
- Avoid using categorized, dropdown navigation menus.
- Use basic links that show up on a responsive design.
- Your website needs to load quickly, three seconds maximum.
- Implement good Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices. Good SEO practices improve rankings for organic search engine listings.
- Use keywords, meta titles, meta descriptions, header tags, and alt tags on every page.
- Create URLs that match the name of each page.
- Update web pages regularly. Example: Update a blog page weekly or even daily.
- Link to authority websites whenever you can.
- Use social media to promote your brand and your website.
- Your website needs to be secure so that users can safely execute transactions. Secure it with an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate.
- People tend to avoid unsecured websites where their URL starts with HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol). Use HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) for yours. It allows for secure transactions by encrypting the whole communication with SSL.
- Make sure to use some form of security to prevent bots from filling out your contact form with irrelevant information. You’ll need to have something that proves that a user filling out the form is human and not a computer. One example is CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing Test to Tell Computers and Humans Apart).
Generate a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- List the typical questions, and their associated answers, that you get from potential customers.
- Include answers to basic questions such as business hours and availability for emergency repairs.
Provide your license information
- Make it easy to find your license information on the website. Use a large font and place it in the header or footer. This will reassure potential customers that your business is properly licensed.
Third-Party Web Design and Implementation Services – What You Need to Know
A business website is frequently the first point of contact for most customers looking for electrician services online. It is essential that your site offers unforgettable user experiences for extended visitor sessions and enhanced sales.
Oftentimes it’s best to let outside experts guide you through the process of designing and maintaining your website. They can provide the know-how to help distinguish your company’s brand and keep your content optimized and fresh.
Standard Electrician Web Design Services Checklist
These are the typical services that third-party web designers provide:
- Build Custom Electrician Website Design – Create a custom website design aligned with your unique preferences and business needs.
- Electrician Website Redesign – A website redesign becomes needed when you want to rebrand it, increase your traffic, drive more leads, or enhance user experience.
- Electrician Website Design Maintenance – It is critical to update your site’s design with the latest trends and consumer preferences.
Web Copywriting for Electrical Companies – Your web content should demonstrate your expertise in the electrical industry. Provide value to visitors by comprehensively answering their questions. Content must be SEO-optimized.
Typical Web Design Process
- Initial consultation – This is where you discuss your website design goals. This includes personal aesthetics and a preferred color scheme.
- Website design approval
- Evaluate overall website appearance.
- Develop a sitemap that describes the relationship between the main pages of your website.
- Write a message intended for your audience. This includes clear CTAs (calls-to-action).
- Development stage – Transform designers’ creative ideas into an appealing and functional website that draws in your potential customers.
- Optimize for mobile and search engines – Ensure that all aspects of your website have been tested. Verify that it is functional for mobile devices. Optimize content so that search engine results for your keywords place your website high in search rankings.
- Upload the website to a server using FTP software – Use File Transfer Protocol software to upload your website to a server. Make sure that all files have been installed correctly.
An excellent example of a company that provides these services is GoMarketing Electrician Web Design Services.
The Best Designed Electrical Contractor Websites – Examples
We’ve listed some examples below that can provide inspiration for your web design. They all utilize good web design practices. They also have their own unique style that captures the attention of visitors.
- It has a creative and elegant homepage design.
- It introduces its brand with stunning typography, exceptional images, and CTAs (calls-to-action).
PK & Altman Electric
- Contact info and services are prominently displayed at the top of the homepage.
- It lists relationships with local nonprofits
- Reviews are well represented on most pages.
- It showcases its portfolio and services in a simple but thorough manner.
- Its homepage is an excellent display of images and vital elements.
A & P Electrical Services
- It has a simple design
- It has a slider (slideshow) for its different services.
- It prominently displays contact info, license info, and a contact form.
- This company is a global franchise. It helps the user find the best locations near them.
- It prominently displays company services on the homepage.
Hawes Electrical Service
- The homepage clearly lists its phone number, state contractor’s license, and a “Request Service” section.
- It has many CTAs on the top half of the homepage.
- This site uses a great hover effect and animation when you scroll through the homepage.
- It distinguishes its brand by presenting benefits like quick response time, licensed electricians, years of experience, and award-winning services in an imaginative way.
- The homepage clearly displays its services across four different text bubbles.
- It has a slider with images that display the special qualities of the company.
- The site lists links to 6 review aggregator websites in addition to testimonials.
- Company accomplishments and awards are listed to create customer trust
- It has many CTA buttons on the homepage.
Delta Quality Electric
- The site design has a simple black background.
- Its services and contact info are displayed at the top of the homepage.
Jim & Sons Electric
- The website uses yellow and white, colors associated with electricity.
- It makes excellent use of pictures that show completed jobs.
- The overall site regularly uses a parallelogram shape in different web components, which sets it apart visually.
- It uses bold typography and clear images to express the brand’s message.
- It has a monochrome hero header that complements the main CTA and a captivating headline.
- It uses ample white space and highlights the necessary features.
CSI Electrical Contractors
- IThe site uses abundant white space to enhance readability and comprehension.
- Its visual hierarchy improves the look and feel of the website.
O’Connell Electric Company
- Its hero header incorporates full-width images using a slider with a CTA link to the projects.
- It showcases featured projects using a card design.
- The Services section presents the content in an orderly and simple design which includes a great hover effect.
- It showcases the number of projects completed and the number of satisfied clients that they served.
- The site puts content at the center of the page which leaves plenty of white space at the sides.
- It uses a sticky header that provides easy navigation.
- The site’s general design looks dynamic and colorful.
- It includes a testimonials section to augment their reputation using a slider.
About the Author
Dwayne Kula is President of LED Lighting Supply. On any given day, Dwayne is writing content for the site and helps manage the marketing initiatives that are on-going. He has a Software Engineering degree and still dabbles in writing software for the company as needed. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, working out, playing the occasional game of golf and exploring New England.